Remodeling your bathroom doesn’t have to cost a fortune or take a lot of time and energy. You can cut costs by working with the space you have and refreshing and updating the walls, furnishings and accessories. Discover design tricks that can turn your bathroom from drab to fab for under $100.
The Beauty of Budget Bathrooms
1. A new shower curtain can do wonders for a bathroom. And adding a colorful shower curtain to a bathroom with white walls can raise the meter from dull to hip instantly. Consider buying the Stella pink polyester shower curtain (70 x 71) at Target. The fuchsia, lime, orange, red and purple flowers are bursting with color and will get any bathroom noticed! Take the hue factor to the next level by buying matching shower curtain hooks, towels and accessories.
2. Make a vibrant expression in your bathroom while creating comfort with an area rug. Having a rug positioned underneath a pedestal sink or near a shower or bath can also soothe your feet from tile or wood flooring. Select a rug that has a nonslip back or rug pad that’s moisture-resistant. If the rug you want for your bathroom doesn’t have a rug pad, then you can add a pad yourself. Target’s Tiddliwinks 30 x 20 Mod Pink and Brown bath rugshowcases a playful and fun atmosphere in your bathroom. Machine wash cold and tumble dry low.
3. Pfister’s Avalon three-hole center-set faucet adds a sparkly touch when combined with a pedestal or vanity sink. The faucet includes a 4-inch center-set and pop-up feature and can revive any bathroom. Take the look further with Avalon’s matching toilet paper holder, towel ring and robe hook.
4. Another idea is replacing your bathroom mirror. Using an oval-shaped mirror and turning it to the side can give your bathroom a design element without really trying. Pottery Barn’s large Eleanor Frameless mirror would work nicely.
5. Dressing plain bathroom walls with framed artwork in dark frames is eye-catching. Z Gallerie’s framed Mademoiselle Nov ’36 reprint is perfect for the household’s fashionista. The print can also be found in Condé Nast’s online shop. Wall hangings are inexpensive and low-cost update solutions that can transform your bathroom from a miss to a hit.